We are looking for a project leader with experience in the domain of IoT to join our IoT department which deals with Connected Car and Industrial IoT. You will be called on to manage ambitious, wide-ranging, multi-disciplinary cellular connectivity projects in an industrial and international context. As IoT project leader you will be the operational manager seeing the projects through from start to finish.
You will work within a client/partner ecosystem in different technical business domains (electronic, embedded software, digital/cloud, etc.), where your technical expertise and your broad experience will be major assets in ensuring the success of the global project and winning customer satisfaction.
As the project manager responsible for rolling out the IoT connectivity solution you will also participate in projects for implementing new data and security services. You will work closely with sales representatives, heads of R&D, and product heads to provide project deliverables and you will help marketing teams develop innovative technical offers.
Using your strong leadership skills, and your capacity for steering and motivating others across the board, you will lead the project team (consisting of internal and/or external resources) and achieve results by applying project management methodologies and procedures (such as PMI, Prince2, etc.).
The main responsibilities of this role are:
Responsibility for the technical content of the project
- Collaborate with the IT & Telecoms R&D teams in choosing technical and software solutions (design and architectural)
- Guarantee the conformity and viability of the solution by ensuring smooth progress through the different phases of the project
- Evaluate the technical risks of the solution and carry out associated action plans
Leading and supervising the project on the ground
- Identify the stakeholders and exert influence on project governance to achieve the project objectives
- Manage project progress and any potential impact on the project plans. You are responsible for contractual deadlines and milestones.
- Manage third-party partners in a complex environment
- Identify potential risks, find mitigating solutions, and raise alerts throughout the project
- Communicate standard project update information to clients, suppliers, the team, and management
Commitment Management/Customer Relations
- Familiarize yourself with the levels of commitment in the contract.
- Verify that the scope of functionality or the requirements of the commitment are respected by both internal and client teams, and identify any gaps
- Monitor project progress so as to anticipate any deviation in terms of deadlines and costs, evaluate what is left to do, take any necessary action to respect the project budget
- Ensure customer satisfaction
The projects you lead will help create new services and new usage in the digital world (connected products and services, mobile applications, etc.). Consequently, you will be capable of:
- Contributing to the strategy and development of service offers relating to your sector of activity
- Monitoring and following up on any complementary or associated business opportunities within the scope of the portfolio of contracts for which you are responsible
You have at least a Master’s degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science. You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, at least 3 of which were spent in technical industrial IT/telecoms project management or in the integration of hardware and software solutions.
Experience in the management of telecoms projects in an industrial context would be a plus.
You have the following qualities
- Personal commitment
- Technical curiosity
- Good drafting ability
- You are dynamic, rigorous, and autonomous
- You get on well with people, are a team worker, you are service-minded and have an analytical mind
- Proven expertise in the field of project management, networks, and IS security
- Good knowledge of IoT security (cryptography, PKI, encoding, signature, etc.) would be a plus
- PMI/PMP certification would be a plus
- Fluent written and spoken English