Based at the IT Headquarters, you are part of the Architecture team working with multiple players within the company (company directors, project leaders, developers, testers, operations teams, telecoms teams, etc.). You are defining the technical structuring choices, you coach and validate the choices of implementation of the team.
You participate in all domains covered by IT (provisioning, invoicing, selfcare) and work closely with the Telecoms domains (OCS, network core).
This involves contributing in numerous activities.
For roadmap projects:
- You identify the impact of projects on the IS architecture
- You design solutions with the help of experts in the various domains
For the medium-term outlook, you:
- Carry out diagnostics on the IS and make recommendations for improvement
- Watch for good practices and technological innovations, and analyze the risks and benefits of introducing them into the company
- Design a target architecture aligned with the company strategy, as well as setting out the way to achieve this target
In general, you propose ways for the business overall and for the IT department in particular to become more efficient.
With respect to our IT heritage, you:
- Maintain the IS mapping and the data referential
- Develop and maintain the architectural framework
- Combine the skills of both a functional and a software architect
On the functional level, you:
- Are capable of having an overall view of an IS, its components, its data flows, and its data
- Master the urbanization rules governing the organization of the various components
- Are able to understand and model business processes
- Are capable of ensuring for the IS in its globality: simplicity, low costs, agility, quality of service, security, and alignment with the company’s objectives
On the software level, you:
- Have significant experience in software development
- Master good software design practices and efficient design patterns
- Master development and execution technologies and environments
- Are capable of advising and supporting development teams in order to ensure for each application: high performance, reliability, maintainability, usability, low cost, correspondence to business needs
You have a Masters degree in Software or Telecoms engineering.
You have at least 8 years’ experience, notably in software development and functional architecture.
You are familiar with the following technologies: Java, PHP, .net, CouchBase, MongoDB, SQL Server, MySQL, and service oriented architectures (SOA, REST API, ESB).
You are a good written and oral communicator with good teaching and listening skills.
You are a problem solver, and are keen to make proposals.
Because of your experience and understanding of the different technologies, your ability to influence people, and your charisma, you are the go-to person for your colleagues and you easily get others to cooperate.
You are practical yet have the capacity for abstraction.
You are organized but also at ease in a fast-moving environment.
Ideally, you have already worked in an Agile environment, preferably SCRUM.
Experience in the Telecoms or Internet Services sectors would be a definite plus.
Fluent English is indispensable for this role.