As part of the technical division, you will be a referent for Transatel’s network architecture. You will design the technical roadmap in line with company strategy. Defining telecom platform architecture requires the mastery of various use cases and identification of the interfaces between functional subsets.
You will work primarily with various component experts, business teams, partners and suppliers to influence projects to 1) align with the roadmap and 2) include the desired technical developments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding and mastering mobile network core architectures: voice (HSS/HLR, GMSC, SBC, etc.), data (PGW, PCRF, OCS, etc.) and services (SMSC, Application Servers, etc.)
- Validating the coherence of the current architecture and proposing improvements to set a target, based on commercial and technical strategies, which will be shared with business and development teams.
- Proposing components and features for a roadmap that you will maintain.
- Defining technical architecture standards (writing documentation)
- Ensuring security aspects, as well as solution availability and performance in order to comply with our commitments (ISO 27001 for example) and achieve our ambitions
- Documenting each subject and ensuring the various teams adhere to your strategic approach
- Staying up-to-date with industry developments
- Occasionally working on pre-sales missions, interacting with customers, suppliers, partners and/or prospective customers and participating in the development of “business cases”
- Being a point of reference for your colleagues, thanks to your experience, technical knowledge, leadership skills and charisma.
Training in software engineering or telecommunications, with at least 8 years’ experience in telecommunications, including core mobile network architecture.
Familiarity with the range of products/services of core telecom network platform manufacturers (Ericsson, Huawei, Affirmed, etc.).
Able to communicate with the different teams within the company, both orally and in writing. Your sense of duty and team spirit drive you to be proactive and methodical.
Highly organized, but also comfortable in a very dynamic environment.
English fluency is essential.