Our job offers
Transatel is a very creative Telecom company, both able to deploy deeply customized or bespoke solutions in no time and deploying components and architecture from major vendors to rebuild its network. With DNA allows to operate at the best cost with tailored solutions no other operator would be able to provide: While QoS is not negotiable, every means to provide the best value to our customer is considered.
In this context we are looking for a senior, talented expert able to drive at the same time an external vendor on major projects such as integrating a new IMS core network, while being able to get hands on with our custom, in house white box solutions.
From 3GPP to Linux, from SIP to rabbitMQ, from Kubernetes to couchBase, you are both attracted and capable of understanding and master many different concepts at different layers very quickly. In this utterly rich and challenging environment you can show a clear path out of different approaches to build the best possible solution, with no preconception on what should be done, and yet aware of potential shortcomings or structuring choices for the future.
To allow the company to make the best possible choice you are accustomed to present the stakes to the top management, including financial aspects and evaluation of return on investment, all costs evaluated.
Somehow behaving as a start up’s expert, you can drive projects up to the end.
Operating in an international context with many internal and external interactions, you are the central point of contact for support teams, Telecom engineers and Transatel Product Managers. You ensure that technical solution decisions are always taken in a consensus and never feel imposed.
The responsibilities include:
- Driving all studies related to VoLTE and voice over IP on Telecom networks, as well as on other, related topics.
- Understanding and improving the current voice architecture, by pointing out the best enhancements, discussing with the dedicated developers team.
- Challenging both short term and overengineered solutions and show measurable value in anticipation to make the best decisions.
- Enriching the roadmap with a business oriented and cost-conscious vision.
- Present projects and costs to and gain approval from the top management
- Be responsible for technical partner relations.
- Drive the technical solutions rollout out up to the end in collaboration with internal teams (project management, engineering, internal/external technology suppliers), anticipating technical challenges along the way.
- Ensuring regular reporting on threats and opportunities on your perimeter
Master’s Degree – or engineering equivalent –
- You have a documented, central experience in one or more VoLTE rollouts with endorsements.
- Including core voice and messaging support (VoLTE, VoWifi, SMS, RCS)
- Including Value Added Services, Real Time Call Control, Prepaid Offers, Roaming Services, Premium Services
- You are totally expert in GSM Core Networks : 3G/4G and 5G networks and related signalling protocols SS7, Diameter, HTTP2, Radius, SIP, SMPP, etc.
- You have a good knowledge of end devices and SIM technologies
- Virtualisation, containers, cloud native telecom environments
You have a thorough understanding of mobile operators’ core networks from 3GPP standards to their actual rollout.
Rigorous and autonomous, you demonstrate a great capacity for summary and analysis along with an excellent sense of communication and persuasion. You can communicate with internal experts, benefit from their experience, and complement their view to find the best possible approaches. You are at ease with make or buy decisions.
English fluency is essential.
If you want to join a dynamic team that pursues ambitious projects: join us!
twice a year
Remote work up to
2 days per week
Proximity HR and